Monday, October 22, 2012

Shoe Obsession: Tory Burch Eddie Watersnake Flats

I always hated flats, until I finally broke down and bought a pair of Tory Burch's Eddie flats in black patent for a trip to London last year.  I needed some sort of practical and comfortable walking shoe, but I didn't want to sacrifice style, and wanted a variation from my usual boots (London in October is no place for my other preferred footwear, the sandal).  A friend recommended Repetto, but those did not sit well on my feet, and I tried several other brands that tended to either hug too much, or slip off my heel far too easily.  I liked the construction of the Eddie because it's elastic all around, but not too tight, and it comes in real leathers that breathe and adjust to fit to the foot.  I wound up wearing the shoes all of the time, both in London and in my day to day life, and added a tan patent pair to my shoe wardrobe last spring.  Now that I have two practical, wear with everything colors, I am starting to look at some of the other colors and materials the Eddie comes in - I don't want to deviate from the style, which I know to be a perfect fit, comfortable enough for a few hours of walking, and of a simple design with minimal branding.  This fall the Eddie came out in watersnake leather, and I am obsessed.  The green shade of malachite is my personal must - a color like this is bright enough to pop, while still muted enough to go with everything.


1 comment:

  1. Great post even though it's kinda old already. Sadly, Tory stopped making the Eddie but she does have some comfy alternatives. The TB Minnie's are quite comfy. Thankfully I still own 7 pairs of the TB Eddies and they're still in good shape so I'm set for a few more years. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive